Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Chinese Classes

I've recently returned to Shanghai from California and started "official" Chinese language classes at a University here in Shanghai. To be honest I was a bit apprehensive about the classes, language classes at a university can be a little intimidating for someone who hasn't been in college for a few years!

But, I'm happy to say the classes are going well so far! There's an interesting mix of international students from all over - Spain, Norway, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, France, Argentina and Columbia. There are far fewer "westerners" than there are Europeans or Latin Americans....

I have a full load of classes everyday - Monday through Friday, that include Listening, Reading and Speaking. So far the homework load isn't huge, but I have a feeling things are going to get much harder as the weeks progress....let's hope my Chinese progresses too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crazy question/comment, but aren't Europeans and Latin Americans Westerners? You may be able to argue that Latin Americans aren't, but the term "Westerner" was invented for Europeans! :)