Monday, August 11, 2008

Xi'an - Beijing

I've had a guest blogger, my sister who's in China visiting for a few weeks. We spent a week in Shanghai, and arrived in Xi'an early (too early) this morning. It's my first time to Xian and it's a beautiful city! We took it easy today - went to see a few sights and tomorrow will spend more time out visiting the Terra Cotta Warriors among many other things. I'll post photos once I get them all downloaded. Pace of life is a little slower here, even though this city has 12 million people. In comparison to Shanghai, Xi'an is probably a lot closer to "real life" China.

We have a great tour guide, Mindy, whose pride in this city is infectious! It's great history is amazing and I can't wait to learn more about it. In the meantime we're trying to keep up to date on the Olympics, and it's not hard to do since it's all over TV. There are even big screen TV's set up in major public places for people to watch. The highlight is still going to be going to Beijing to see the Olympics - we can't wait!!! Go USA!!

No comments: